We will be launching our Love Project this term with the children and wanted you to also be aware of what our plans are. This year, in partnership with Christ Church in the village, we will be supporting a local charity called ‘Open Hands’. To find out more about the charity please click on the following link https://www.openhandsreigate.com/
Christ Church PCC would like to continue to support Open Hands by collecting items of food that can be used for their Food Bank. We have received an amazing response from parents and children previously, so would like to operate the collection as we have done before, by asking the children in each year group at Nutfield Church School to collect a specific item. The aim is to help the children to understand what someone with no home, who doesn’t know where they will be sleeping from one night to another, needs to survive.
To help us support this charity please could you bring in:
- Year R Multipack crisps, children’s snack boxes, children’s meals (e.g. ravioli, spaghetti hoops).
- Year 1 Tin corn, tin potatoes, tin peas, tin carrots, jam, marmalade.
- Year 2 Tin meat meals, Tin tuna, fin fruit, baked beans.
- Year 3 Jars of curry sauce, jars of Chinese sweet & sour, jars of pasta sauce.
- Year 4 Coffee, fruit juice cartons, squash, long life milk.
- Years 5 & 6 Sweet biscuits, savoury biscuits, easy cook rice, rice pudding, children’s cereal.
Please bring in produce from Monday 12th September. The last day for collection will be Wednesday 5th October.