Well done to Mrs Matthews and her Eco Team who have been achieved the Level 4 RHS award. To achieve this level they had to be able to evidence that they could:
- Use tools like a professional gardener to dig, rake and sow
- Know how to protect our plants against the weather, pests and diseases
- Plan seasonally to harvest produce throughout the year
- Know how to use the produce from our garden
- Raise funds to buy seeds, plants and equipment for our garden
Thank you to everyone who has helped and continues to support our outdoor learning. With Eco Team and our new Young Farmers club, I am sure the school and its fantastic grounds are in very good hands. Mrs Matthews already has her eye on the Level 5 award; I look forward to letting you all know how they get on!